Career Level Management
Experience 2 Years
Job Function Customer Service & Support
Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) to make and receive payments in a convenient borderless manner.
To make it easier for Africans to build global businesses that can make and accept any payment, anywhere from across Africa and around the world.
Simplifying payments for endless possibilities.
About the Technical Account Manager (US & LATAM) Role
At Flutterwave, Technical Account Managers (TAMs) are excellent technical and functional resources with the ability to navigate complex issues seamlessly. You will manage portfolios of large merchant/partner accounts in the US & LATAM and will be their point person, providing guidance for issues directly affecting valued customers.
You understand people, business, and technology. You are internally motivated, thoughtful, passionate about helping people, and dedicated to making things happen. You are a customer champion during all stages of the relationship.
As an organization, we look to our TAMs to use the full scope of their experience to sensitively manage merchant/partner challenges. We are not a one size fits all organization, and we are proud of our close-knit, diverse team. We’re looking for people who can bring their unique perspectives to this role.
As a Technical Account Manager, you will:
- Be the primary contact for all technical activities post-launch for managed merchants.
- Do hands-on troubleshooting and ensure that their daily technical challenges are resolved quickly.
- Monitor managed merchants’ Flutterwave Integration health.
- Understand Flutterwave products and their underlying architecture.
- Perform regular technical audits on merchants’ Flutterwave integration; provide code samples and recommendations for optimizing it and ensuring Flutterwave best practices are adopted.
- Take part in regular technical account reviews and provide them with insights.
- Advocate new Flutterwave product adoption and identify new opportunities where Flutterwave products and technologies can better fit in merchants’ strategy and architecture.
- Represent the merchant’s voice while providing feedback to Flutterwave’s product and engineering teams to help prioritize the product roadmap accordingly.
- Develop relationships across all levels and functions to create value for our merchants and Flutterwave.
- Advocate for merchant/partner interests when working with other teams.
- Build and document knowledge about merchant technical setups.
- Any other duties assigned
You’re a great match for this role if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent technical experience or combination of education/experience.
- 2+ years of prior experience in enterprise-level client-facing work
- Strong product sense and energized by the challenge of solving difficult user-related problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead complex integration conversations in a highly consultative and proactive manner
- Familiarity with APIs and able to explain API concepts to Flutterwave’s largest and most technical customers
- Familiarity with SQL and is comfortable building basic queries and modifying more complex ones
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills and is comfortable interfacing with technical teams
- A professional, confident and collaborative personality; an adept client relationship manager, capable of engaging in business-level and technical conversations at multiple levels of the organization
Nice to have:
- Operations savvy mindset, with an ability to identify and eliminate process friction while continuing to build scalable processes
- Practiced in small to medium scale project management
- Strong organizational skills and is self-starting
You’ll love this job if you:
- Have an intellectual curiosity about payments and technology
- Have the high technical aptitude to quickly understand customer use cases and requirements
- Have the ability to drive cross-functional teams from ideation to solution
- Have the ability to manage proactive and reactive tasks effectively
- Are self-driven, self-starter, extremely passionate, goal-getter
- Are passionate about delighting customers
- Are comfortable managing relationships within every aspect of the customer organization from senior executives to engineers
- Embrace the challenge of managing multiple customers simultaneously
- Are comfortable working in ambiguity and the constant change of life at a startup experiencing hyper-growth