Career Level Officer
Experience 5 Years
Job Function Research, Teaching & Training
Research Officer at Nigerian Women’s Trust Fund (WF)
The Nigerian Women’s Trust Fund (WF) was created in 2011 to increase the representation of women in Nigerian governance at all levels and address the growing concerns about the gender imbalance in elective and appointive positions. Nigeria currently falls short of the National Gender Policy benchmark of 35% minimum gender representation.
Job title: Research Officer
Location: Abuja – Nigeria
Contract type: Full Time
Reports to: Programme Team and the CEO
Contract length: 4 years, renewable yearly
Remuneration: Negotiable and competitive within the sector
Contribute to closing the gender gaps in Nigeria’s governance process under the institutional mandate of NWTF.
Research, Publications, Programme Support, Strategy Development, Documentation, Report writing.
Advance Degree or certification in Gender and Development Studies, Business Administration, Political Science, International Relations, Law, Development Studies, Media, communications, sociology, political science, Public Policy and Management or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years knowledge and working experience in research, communications, and development in relation to women, gender, and development.
- Previous relevant professional work experience in international organizations and/or non-governmental agencies involved in women’s leadership and development
- Knowledge of the landscape for addressing barriers to women’s leadership and inclusion in Nigeria and Africa is preferable.
- Previous experience of providing conducting general and issue-based research.
- Ability to conduct research under acceptable and or international standards
- Ability to turn out research products in a timely manner
- Contribute to the identification, planning and implementation of research papers, policy briefs and any other internal or external documents on the project.
- Conduct structured interviews with in-country civil society contacts.
- Provide advice on research and research methodology for the project.
- Maintain a comprehensive overview of trends and developments on project thematic areas.
- Manage updates for research partners, as assigned.
- Help with the organization of regular online meetings of research partners.
- As required, speak about NWTF research to external audiences during online or in-person meetings or conferences.
- Review gathered research and analyzed various sets of data.
- Verify that information on databases remains secure.
- Coordinate with the NWTF Communications teams to ensure maximum visibility of research documents on the NWTF website.
- Provide editing and feedback for content submitted to the NWTF.
- Perform other tasks related to the furtherance of NWTF research on the project thematic areas as assigned.
CONDITION OF SERVICE:
Competitive and negotiable with one-year contract renewable. NWTF is an equal opportunity employer.
LOCATION: Work in Abuja, with travels to other parts of Nigeria.