Career Level Officer
Experience 2 Years
Job Function Products & Project Management
Project Officers at a Top Non-Governmental Organization
- You will support project teams to establish and maintain relationships with community members and local leaders and monitor and report on all project activities in support of Novel Alliance for Development Aid (NADA) work serving the poor and vulnerable.
- Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned community engagement activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with NADA program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences related to community engagement.
- Coordinate communication and facilitate information sharing among the project team, implementing partners, and project beneficiaries at the community level to assist local partners in strengthening the community interest, involvement and support networks.
- Liaise with various community stakeholders and mobilize them to ensure full involvement of community leaders, community representatives, and local government representatives in the overall implementation and improvement of project activities.
- Support the NADA and partner field teams to identify community entry points, potential conflict triggers related to program activities and devise mitigating measures where needed.
- Build capacity among NADA and partner staff in the area of community engagement and effective communication techniques for trust and relationship building.
- In coordination with the project team support capacity building events for community representatives.
- Coordinate, monitor, and report on volunteer activities.
- Compile data provided at the community level as per project requirements and contribute to the preparation of reports.
- Develop and maintain a community stakeholder directory to include but not limited to key contacts in the community, local community-based organization groups, local government agencies and humanitarian workers.
- Community Volunteers
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Program Manager and other Project staff.
External: Works collaboratively with partner CBO counterparts per project site, as well as other stakeholders including focal points from local partners, government offices, non-governmental organizations and other agencies in field locations.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- General knowledge of local and state government practices.
- Well-developed knowledge of local community cultures, leaders, customs and practices through prior involvement in the community. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented.
- English required and proficiency in Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri and/or local languages desirable.
- Must be willing and able to visit up to 60% of the time to project sites throughout the project duration.
Note: NADA and NADA workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in NADA Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. Following these values, NADA operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation, and Combating Trafficking in Persons
NADA is an Equal Opportunity Employer NADA considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.