Career Level Management
Experience 3 Years
Job Function Finance
- Paga is looking for a passionate, self-driven and experienced Financial Business Analyst to join our team!
- As the Financial Business Analyst, you will be responsible for managing, developing, and overseeing the financial models and performance KPI in your assigned business unit(s).
- You will be responsible for analysing and advising business unit heads of their current and future expenditures for maximum ROI and project performance.
- The ideal candidate will be well-versed in financial models, excel formulas and functions, and capable of creating cost-effective budgets for future projects.
- He/She will also be responsible for developing, proposing, and implementing plans to reduce financial risks and lower costs as well as participate in project audits.
- Assist Finance Manager in monitoring and analysing financial accounts/performance on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Create financial models to analyse trends, make financial projections, and assess financial risks
- Review and monitor annual budget; prepare quarterly budget review reports
- Develop standardised financial management and reporting tools; create internal control systems to ensure good financial management and enable early detection of fraud or errors
- Grow financial performance of business units through analysis of financial results, forecasts, variances, and trends
- Analyse business unit financial data and create financial models for decision support
- Create recommendations on financial/operational performance of the business unit to be presented to management and executives
- Analyse past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Work closely with the financial and accounting operations team to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Guide the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimisation
- Recommend actions by analysing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and excel dashboards.
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
- Conduct comparable analysis and market research to support internal financial analysis
- Maintain a strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 2:1 in Finance, Accounting or any related field and have a professional qualification (ACCA, ICAN, CIMA) in view
- Minimum of 5 years experience in financial analysis
- Proficiency across data, financial and strategy analysis
- Broad experience and knowledge of accounting and reporting standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in communicating and influencing senior stakeholders
- Advanced computer software skills, including Excel macros and other accounting packages
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC.
- An analytical approach to work
- Commercial and business awareness
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise
- The capacity to make quick but rational decisions
- Problem-solving skills and initiative
- Ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently
- Experience working with, and presenting to, senior executives
- Strong financial modelling experience
- Integrity and high personal ethical standards.
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices.