Career Level Officer
Experience 1 Year
Job Function Marketing & Communication
Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) to make and receive payments in a convenient borderless manner.
To make it easier for Africans to build global businesses that can make and accept any payment, anywhere from across Africa and around the world.
Simplifying payments for endless possibilities.
About the Copywriter and Content Creator Role
As the Copywriter, your primary focus is to create and write copy that is engaging, exciting, incites action or provokes a positive emotion in our audience as it relates to the Flutterwave brand or any of our products. We’re looking for a creative thinker with excellent writing and research skills to help us elevate that work as our full-time, in-house copywriter.
As a member of the Brand and Storytelling team, you will write and edit copy for a variety of projects (including print, web, mobile, video, and social media), working closely with the rest of the marketing and design teams to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, and develop messaging. Thorough research and interviews will be sometimes required to understand our target audience, products/services, branding, and marketing goals. The most successful copywriter will be a quick learner with a versatile writing style.
All content must take a creative spin on storytelling and be in line with the overall brand messaging and guidelines.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interpret creative briefs to develop and produce creative concepts through execution on assigned brands
- Research and understand the brand or product’s needs and target audiences, through online searches, reviews of existing research, interviews with subject matter experts, and in-person meetings
- Write original copy and edit content for a range of corporate marketing and communications materials
- Collaborate with the broader marketing and design teams from concept development to delivery of final product
- Revise copy based on internal and client feedback/direction
You’ll be a great fit if you have the following skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, english, communications, or related discipline
- Minimum 1 – 2 years professional copywriting experience with solid portfolio of work
- Exceptional writing and research skill
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skill and multitasking ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Pro