Career Level Management
Experience 3 Years
Job Function Marketing & Communication
Stitch is an API fintech startup on a mission to make it easier for businesses in Africa to launch, optimize and scale financial products. We provide an API that allows businesses to easily access and link their users’ financial accounts.
Creating innovative financial products is incredibly difficult today, and we believe that unlocking the way people interact with their finances starts with providing businesses tackling these challenges with the tools and infrastructure needed to execute on their vision.
Stitch is building the financial infrastructure that will make it easier for businesses in Africa to launch, optimize and scale financial products. Our ability to help those businesses grow extends beyond access to our product. We aim to position Stitch as the go-to resource for startup support and knowledge in the fintech space in Africa – including a robust set of resources and content that can demonstrate our authority and provide additional value for those within the Stitch community.
We’re looking for a Content Marketing Manager that can help us tell the Stitch story and generate unique content that will attract and engage potential clients and partners, as well as help existing ones achieve their goals faster. This person would work closely with the Head of Marketing & Communications and the design and brand team to develop and execute on a content and social media strategy.
An ideal candidate will have exceptional writing skills, understand how to generate multi-media content that reaches a large target base, and understand how to measure and iterate on results. Particular knowledge of the fintech space in Africa is required.
The content marketing manager will be responsible for:
- Managing Stitch social media (LinkedIn + Twitter) with consistent, on-brand posts + increasing engagement and following
- Inclusive of strategic targeted paid campaigns + partnerships as required
- Working with the Head of Marketing & Communications and design team to generate multi-media content for the Stitch blog, social media and other potential channels
- May include a podcast, reports or white papers, video content, interviews
- Includes developing and maintaining editorial calendar
- Developing, producing and iterating on a Stitch newsletter that fills a niche in the existing fintech content landscape + grow the mailing list in all existing and prospective markets
- Identifying opportunities to position members of the Stitch team, Stitch client base and Stitch investors and partners as thought leaders, and producing, or acting as a thought partner to produce, content that showcases their knowledge to our audience
- Identifying gaps in existing knowledge and research in the wider fintech space in Africa, and working with partners to produce relevant reports that can serve as reference points
- Identifying + engaging relevant partners that can help amplify and contribute to Stitch content
- Optimizing all content produced for search and track keywords
- Presenting regular reporting on success metrics to the wider team + iterating based on goals
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant field
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English
- 3-5 years+ experience in content and social media marketing, with a demonstrated track record of substantially growing a social media following from very early stages
- An understanding of the financial technology and tech startup space in Africa
- Demonstrated ability to leverage content to generate inbound interest and increase brand awareness
- Experience writing content for a B2B audience
- Experience working with a general CMS / website backend
- Strong understanding of SEO best practices and web analytics
- Editorial mindset with an ability to predict audience preferences
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work well in remote and international environments
- Strong network in the fintech space in Africa
- Experience working in or advising tech startups
- Experience writing for an international publication, preferably in the tech space, a plus
- Experience working in B2B SaaS, API or payments companies
- Strong knowledge of startup needs in various key markets – including South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya, and Ghana
- Familiarity with a developer audience and ability to translate and simplify complex engineering concepts
- Strong understanding of Google AdWords + SEM
- Knowledge of local African languages (particularly in South African and Nigerian markets) a plus
We are a passionate, collaborative and quirky team, and we are constantly working to enable the best possible environment in which all Stitches can succeed.
🏖 HQ and Remote Work
At Stitch, we work both in-person and remotely. Stitch HQ is in Cape Town, South Africa. We also have offices in Johannesburg and Lagos, Nigeria. Remote team members will have the opportunity to visit Cape Town and meet the wider team regularly.
Inclusivity + representation
As a business whose products intentionally bridge gaps, we actively place diversity and inclusion at the center of our culture and believe that a broad range of lived experiences makes our team and product stronger. We work hard to enable work-life balance and believe every member of our team, and every customer and partner, should be treated with equal respect.
At Stitch we value connections built over shared experiences – from meals eaten together, to regular team retreats and activities, to after-work climbing adventures and frequent pick-up soccer matches. At Stitch HQ, we also gather for free team lunches daily – and the door is always open. All are welcome, including friends and family, investors and clients!
However, we also work hard to ensure those working remotely enjoy a similar experience and remain included.
⛽ Our Investors
Stitch is a venture-backed startup, and we’ve raised $6 million in seed funding to date. Our network of global angel investors spans founders and founding team members from some of the most successful fintech companies in the world, including Venmo, Klarna, Monzo, ComplyAdvantage, TrueLayer, Flutterwave, Plaid, Revolut and more. We’re also supported by leading global venture capital firms, including firstminute capital, Raba Partnership, CRE, Future Africa, Rally Cap Ventures, Musha Ventures, Village Global and more, bringing backing from LPs such as Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Eric Schmidt and Jeff Bezos.
This means we are able to ensure all employees are empowered to do their jobs, and it gives us access to a strong team of industry veterans that can offer insights and connections to help us grow.
👩🏾💻 Developer Experience
Stitch was built by a team of passionate developers. We care deeply about developer experience and aim to provide tools and systems that software engineers will rave about. The team has collectively had a great deal of experience building fintech and developer-facing products in Africa and other emerging markets, and we know firsthand how challenging it can be to develop the integrations and partnerships necessary to get a product off the ground. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to make it even easier for the developers we work with to build and launch awesome products.