Career Level Officer
Experience 3 Years
Job Function Famining & Agriculture
- The Agribusiness Promotion Support Officer will support the Agribusiness Promotion Coordinator in carrying out her duties as it relates to the creation of jobs using the incubator-incubatee Model, focusing on the identification, selection, training and retraining of potential youth and women to learn and start profitable agro businesses.
- Be involved in the development of agri-enterprises, business plans in agricultural commodity production processing, storage and marketing
- Coordinate the alignment of the CORY cumulum to project requirements including modules on vilage level enterprise group formation, savings mobilization and entrepreneurship development activities
- Support market access to build strong business and value chain orientation to selected youth and women in the project area and
- Explore capacity development of Agriculture value chain Financing models along production processing and marketing.
- Assist to develop activities for the annual work plans and budget (AWPB)
- Assist in overseeing selection process of incubators
- Assist in development of training curriculum for incubators and incubates
- Assist to coordinate the development and implementation of bankable business plans, marketing promotion strategies, product branding and linkage to service providers and markets
- Assist in identifying actions and mechanisms for the promotion and use of value addition technologies post-harvest handing processing, storage and packaging
- Support the development of MoU with all categories of service providers (mechanization, agrodealers, sprayers etc.) and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) on areas of engagement and line and terms of support from the project for review by the Agribusiness Promotion Coordinator
- Support the selection of service providers as necessary and craft TORs and scope of work for the service providers.
- Supervise, monitor and certify the work of service providers for the various activities, and assignments
- Support the facilitation of linkages for enhanced access to financial services for project beneficiaries, including trader credit, contract farming, inventory credit, commercial development bank credit, and insurance
- Design capacity building and technical assistance measures and activities in the areas of primary production value addition market access, business management, quality control and standardization
- Consolidate state progress reports and contribute to the drafting of periodic project reports
- Any other dutis / activities directed by the APA that will impact positively on the overall project delivery.
Qualifications and Experience
- A First Degree in any of the Agriculture related disciplines in Agricultural Economics, Economics Marketing or related disciplines
- Strong background and practical skills in business development and marketing with at least 3 years work experience on issues and programmes relating to agricultural commodity production, commodity marketing, agro-processing and value chain development and MSME promotion
- Conversant with the Niger Delta region working environment
- Previous experience in working with government and private sector in developing agri-enterprise agribusiness will be a great advantage.
Reporting and Location:
- The position will be in the National Project Coordinating Office located in Port Harcourt.
- The officer will report directly to the Agribusiness Promotion Coordinator.